Terms & Conditions
1. Tickets are only valid for the specific date and time originally scheduled. However, some changes, as noted below are allowed. Any changes must be made at least one business day in advance. Additional charges may be incurred if price of desired shuttle is higher than amount paid for original shuttle. (Exception: Some specials are valid only for specific days.)
2. Changes to Your Scheduled Departure Date or Times: Up to two (2) changes may be made to your originally scheduled departure time or date without incurring an additional $10.00 Change Fee, as long as price for the desired shuttle is the same or less than the original shuttle price.
3. Cancellation of Reservations: A reservation may be cancelled only if cancelled at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure (see #8 & 9 for refund policy). A credit will be issued to be used toward future travel. This credit will be applied on your account and travel, using this credit, must be completed within 6 months of original travel date. If this same reservation is cancelled a second time, it will not be able to be reinstated (see #4.)
4. Reinstatement of Reservation: Cancelled reservations, or credits, may be reinstated for a trip of equal or lesser value, provided that travel will be complete within six (6) months from the original date of travel. Any credits not used within six (6) months of the original date of travel are no longer valid and cannot be reinstated.
5. Changes Due to Airline Delays: If you need to make changes to a scheduled reservation as a result of airline delays or cancellations, we will change your reservation accordingly without penalty. If your flight is delayed, you may ride the next available shuttle without penalty.
6. No-Show passengers forfeit their reservation/ticket and that reservation is not eligible to be used as a credit.
7. All reservations, including changes to reservations, are subject to the availability of seats.
8. No refunds are allowed if cancellation is made less than 7 days in advance of original scheduled travel.
9. Refunds less a $10 cancellation fee per reservation are allowed only if the refund is requested more than seven (7) days before your scheduled travel.
10. Passengers are encouraged to call our office to confirm their reservation at least 24 hours before they are scheduled to depart.
11. Passengers must be at the Boarding Location at least 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time, if the vehicle is not at the boarding location by the scheduled departure time, please call the office immediately.
12. We reserve the right to refuse transportation to anyone who in our sole opinion may be disruptive to the driver or other passengers.
13. SALT LAKE EXPRESS does not authorize parking vehicles of passengers at any of its stops. It is up to the passenger to make sure their vehicle is parked in a place that the business approves. Any charges incurred because of damage or towing is the responsibility of the passenger. Boarding Locations are provided as a courtesy of the businesses. The business, including Salt Lake Express do not assume any liability or obligation to our passengers for vehicles left at any location. SALT LAKE EXPRESS does not have representatives at any of its stops except at Shaka's in Idaho Falls. However, it must be noted, that Salt Lake Express and Shaka's, assume no liability for vehicles left at that location.
14. Each passenger is allowed two (2) pieces of luggage and two (2) carry-ons not exceeding 14000 cubic inches or 100 pounds total weight. Luggage will not be checked in and will be transported under the sole responsibility of the passenger. (Passengers are responsible to have their bags clearly marked with a name and phone number.) Excess and odd-sized luggage will be accepted only if space is available and for a fee of $10 per piece. Passenger shall not transport upon his person or within his luggage any flammable, illicit or unlawful products.
15. Salt Lake Express shall not be responsible for any items left on our shuttles by any customer. Items left on our vehicles will be held in the Rexburg office for 30 days. The owner of these items is responsible for making arrangements to pick up the items or to have them returned. The owner will be responsible for all expenses incurred. Passengers are responsible for the care and handling of their own luggage. Rental carts are available at the airport curb and inside the terminals.
16. Salt Lake Express shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced freight. Delivery is not guaranteed for any freight item sent. Insurance is not available for freight. Customers are responsible to have freight clearly marked with a name and phone number. Salt Lake Express reserves the right to open and/or inspect any item sent as freight. Proof of identification may be required for release of package.
17. SALT LAKE EXPRESS WILL MAKE ITS BEST EFFORT TO GET PASSENGERS TO THEIR DESTINATION ON OR BEFORE THE SCHEDULED ARRIVAL TIME. HOWEVER, SALT LAKE EXPRESS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAYS CAUSED BY WEATHER, ROAD OR TRAFFIC CONDITIONS, MECHANICAL FAILURE, OR ANY OTHER CONDITIONS THAT ARE UNFORESEEN. ANY EXPENSES ARISING FROM DELAYED DEPARTURE OR ARRIVAL TIMES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MISSED FLIGHTS, MISSED SCHEDULES, OR OTHER TRAVEL CONNECTIONS, ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PASSENGER.
18. SALT LAKE EXPRESS may, at its option, delay departure to allow passengers on arriving flights to catch the shuttle. Departing earlier than scheduled departure time may occur if all passengers holding confirmed reservations have checked in with our driver.
19. Inclement weather, bad road conditions, or other factors may dictate earlier or later departures or earlier or later arrival times at destinations. Passengers agree to comply with necessary schedule changes and to keep SALT LAKE EXPRESS informed as to how they can be contacted.
20. Walk-on passengers are permitted on an availability basis. Walk-on passengers should be at the pick-up/drop-off location at least 15 minutes prior to departure time since the shuttle may depart early if all scheduled passengers have boarded. The SALT LAKE EXPRESS does not guarantee it will stop at all locations if there are no scheduled passengers for that location. It is therefore recommended that all passengers make reservations.
21. No Smoking, use of alcohol or illicit drugs shall be allowed or tolerated.
22. Customers may choose to allow a minor child, under the age of 18, to travel with Salt Lake Express unsupervised. However, our drivers are not responsible for underage children. Our drivers are happy to guide or assist if asked, but cannot supervise minors during the entirety of the trip. For the full policy, visit http://new.saltlakeexpress.com/childpolicy.php
23. Customers may choose to transport pets on the shuttle for an additional fee. No animal will be permitted to travel without a paying customer. Pets are required to remain in a carrier at all times and will be stored with the luggage. Salt Lake Express shall not be liable or responsible for the well-being of any animal transported. For the full policy visit http://new.saltlakeexpress.com/petpolicy.php
24. Passenger/Customer agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Salt Lake Express from any claims of any kind and nature which may be asserted by any third party against Salt Lake Express for any actions of passenger, whether negligent or intentional.
25. Should Salt Lake Express be required to enforce the Terms and Conditions of this agreement by suit or otherwise, all reasonable costs and attorney’s fees incurred shall be reimbursed by passenger.
26. Any disputes between the parties arising under this Contract shall be settled by arbitration, with the fees of the Arbitrator to be shared equally by the parties unless the Arbitrator, at the conclusion of the arbitration, determines otherwise.
27. If you have a question about our service, or you do not understand the "Terms and Conditions," please call our office.